On behalf of the Paris-based freedom of press watchdog Reporters Without Borders, you’re invited to celebrate the Journalism Trust Initiative‘s one-year anniversary in the United States.
The JT is an international benchmark designed as an ISO standard for the news publishing industry. It helps identify the identity and transparency of publishers and the professional standards and accountability mechanisms that govern their editorial output. In the US, dozens of newsrooms have started integrating it and key actors are now referring to it: Microsoft’s journalism hub, NewsGuard ratings, major advertising agencies, and many more.
When: Tuesday, June 27, 2023 – 6:30pm MDT
Where: Buell Public Media Center, 2101 Arapahoe St, Denver, CO 80205
What to expect
-Hear from Colorado Public Radio: the first US media outlet to attain JTI certification.
-Learn about the benefits of JTI, including existing and upcoming programs with tech platforms, advertising and more.
-Listen to the announcement of grantees to receive funding assistance for JTI certification (read more below about how to apply.)
–The session will be followed by a networking cocktail
Helping your media with JTI
– First time? With your written consent (by email), JTI will pre-fill and walk you through your JTI assessment, for you to then take over.
– Already in the JTI process? Here to help you with any tips, resources or technical support to publish your Transparency Report if your self-evaluation is complete.
Grants towards JTI Certification
Reporters Without Borders is pleased to grant a total of USD 2,500 per media to a total of 8 media outlets that wish to attain the JTI Certification. Grants will be attributed on a 1st come 1st serve basis. Deadline: June 23, 2023
Eligibility criteria include the following:
– Having published a JTI Transparency Report
– Having a signed letter of agreement from AAM
– Having deposited 50% of the audit fees to AAM
– Filling out and sending JTI a W9 form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Travel stipend needed?
If needed, JTI will offer a travel stipend of $250 per media on the following conditions:
1) Get started with the JTI assessment on jti-app.com/login or let JTI start filling your JTI assessment on your behalf (see above); if you started already, let JTI know too!
2) Fill out and send a W9 form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pd
3) Share your banking details (bank details, routing number, account number, and SWIFT code or IBAN number)